The history of the Family began in early 1300, moving to the new village of Scarperia, near Florence on the road that led north, taking advantage of a ten-year exemption from taxes and freedom from any bond of occluded servitude. So Jacopus opened his new workshop and was very successful in the production of cuirass and swords with a high aesthetic value.
In 1369 Jacopus, in order to respect the regulations issued by the Republic Corporations, registered his own trademark in Florence at the very popular Guild of Cuirass makers, Key makers and Locksmiths. Towards the end of the 14th century, Jacopo joined his brother Tura in Siena. He was an established artist for his ability to work all metals, even precious ones; thus giving a reputation to a family of artists that contributed to the construction of the Baptismal Font of the Duomo of Siena. They worked in a shop in the city center, carrying out their activities with great skill and mastery, transmitting the secrets of the artistic job to their children. The descendants received great commissions and multiple cultural meetings, collaborating with numerous artists leaving us splendid masterpieces that still enrich the city. In addition to their activity as goldsmiths, they have tried their hand on enamel, carved stone and wood, creating beautiful works of polychrome wood and marble, terracotta and bronze sculpture that we can admire in Montalcino, S. Ansano and Siena or even in the Detroit Institute of Arts.
They rivaled the best Florentine artists and played an important and active role in the evolution of the Tuscan goldsmith's art. Giovanni Turini was not only the most representative artistic personality in the workshop, because he practiced all the arts with great knowledge, but he was also the most representative figure of the all Sienese goldsmith art of the first half of the XVI century, as Vasari writes in his commentary on life of Pollajuolo.